Hello! I'm Kailey Mutter, a National Certified Counselor and the School Counselor at Newcastle Elementary. I graduated from the Counseling program at Seattle University, earning a Master of Arts in Education. I was also certified to teach children's yoga and mindfulness, as this offers fantastic tools for self-awareness and emotion regulation.
My approach is holistic, incorporating art, play, books, games, and media in order to engage a wide range of learners and growers. I use a strengths-based philosophy that aims to foster hope and self-esteem. Where there's room for it (and there usually is), I'll throw in humor as well :)
I am thrilled to co-create a fun and fulfilling school community that honors the unique journey of each and every member.
ASCA National Model
I am committed to developing a school counseling program that covers all aspects of the American School Counseling Association's National Model:
Access Care Solace Services
- 24/7/365 multilingual support – A multilingual team is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, to help you understand options, call providers on your behalf, and schedule an appointment
- Care regardless of insurance – Connect to care with any coverage including Medicaid, Medicare, and sliding scale options for those without insurance.
- Easy access to care – Use Care Match, the self-serve website, to find a provider or services on your own.
- Call 888-515-0595 at any time.
- Search anonymously to get matched with an extensive list of care providers. Visit www.caresolace.com/issaquah and either search on your own OR click “Book Appointment” for assistance by video chat, email, or phone.
If you have a life-threatening emergency, please call 911 or The Suicide and Crisis Lifeline at 988. Care Solace is NOT an emergency response service or mental health service provider.
Experiencing a crisis?
Please contact one of the following helplines:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 988 or 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- King County local 24/7 Crisis Line (suicide, mental health, substance use): 800-621-4636
- Crisis Text Line: text “Heal” to 741-741
- Trevor Project (specifically for the LGBTQ+ community): 1-866-488-7386
Issaquah schools provide comprehensive guidance and school counseling services in each building. All students have access to and the right to participate in these programs, which focus on academic, career, and social/emotional development to enhance the learning process, provide access to education, and support student readiness and success. Our school counseling teams plan and implement their programs with consideration for student, family, school, and community members, and can help to connect students and families to resources and supports in our schools and community. Our ultimate goal is to help students obtain the knowledge, skills and attitudes that lead to academic, career, and personal success.